Some people may tell you that to get the best possible rain defence from a louvre you need a triple bank louvre. But that is no longer true! Construction Specialties (that’s us) have developed the RSH-5700, RSV-5700 & RS-5605 louvre models which (rather impressively we think) offer equivalent levels of weather performance as industry standard triple bank louvres, with improved airflow performance, all in a smaller and neater package.
Designed with spacial efficiency in mind, the RSH-5700, RSV-5700 & RS-5605 louvres offer near identical performance and take up half the space, saving a minimum of 70mm in overall louvre depth!
When tested to the principles of BS EN 13030:2001, the industry standard test method, in an environment with wind speeds of 13m/sec and 75mm/hr rain fall the following results have been achieved:
- CS RSH 5700: Class A2 up to 3.5m/s
- CS RSV 5700: Class A2 up to 3.5m/s
- CS RS-5605: Class A1 up to 3.5m/s
- Standard Triple Bank Louvre – A3 up to 3.5m/s
As you can see, CS performance louvres in general are more than equal to the triple bank systems, and in extended testing at our own facility all models achieved a class A, significantly beyond the scope of the BS EN 13030:2001.
Pretty cool huh? If you want to learn more about the BS EN test method and what the results mean, click here to read our blog post about it.
The CS louvres take advantage of tangential separation (separating water from the air flowing through it) like the double and triple bank performance weather louvres, (but in a much slimmer profile) and have been specially designed to catch and contain the water within the louvre, draining it out through the built in drainage systems. They can even be plumbed into your whole building’s drainage system or your rain water harvesting system.
So to sum up:
- CS louvres perform just as well (if not better) than the industry standard Triple Bank Louvres
- CS performance louvres can also save a minimum of 70mm in the overall depth of the louvre system.
- The RS-5605 has incredible airflow characteristics as well as rain defence.
All louvre models are less than 150mm deep, and are perfect for applications where:
- keeping wind driven rain out of your building is a priority
- sensitive equipment will be housed near the louvre system
- space is an issue
The RSH-5700 has horizontal blades, whilst the RSV-5700 and RS-5605 have vertical blades.
The table below shows the 3 models’ rain defence effectiveness and rating, you can click the table to enlarge it.
* Extended testing conducted at CS facility to principles of BS EN 13030:2001
The CS Service:
When you choose CS you not only get the best product solutions for your project, from the market leader, you also get the best service. We are committed to providing the best architectural louvre system for your project and are willing to go all out to find that solution for you. We offer a range of services for architects, contractors and building owners:
- Site Surveys – to gain a better understanding of your project requirements, whether it be a new build or a refurbishment, our team of in-house surveyors can visit your site to advice, support and recommend solutions that will best meet the requirements of your project.
- Take-offs – Not sure how much of a certain product you need for your project? Send us your drawings and our team will do a take-off and provide you with an estimated quantity for your project.
- Technical Support – Our expert team are able to assist you with any queries which you may have, at any stage of your project, and are committed to ensuring you find the right solutions for your project.
- Specification Support – If you’re unsure of where to begin with specifying our architectural louvres, someone from our team can visit your practices and walk you through it, offering advice and technical support so you can be sure the right products for your project are specified. You can also check out our handy guide below for tips.
For help with your projects or to find out more about the CS Service, please get in touch.