CS Wallflex® is a superior and versatile hygienic wall coating, developed as a two pack, solvent free polyurethane coating, suitable for use in both dry and wet environments.
The system offers anti-microbial properties (including resistance to MRSA), high chemical resistance and can be decontaminated from radioactivity.
It has also been formulated to be 99.5% solvent free and very low odour, meaning application can be done without shutting down entire areas.
- Superior and versatile hygienic coating system
- Suitable for both dry and ‘wet’ environments
- 99.5% solvent free & very low odour
- Hygienic Mastic enhances elastomeric properties
- Non-leaching anti-microbial additives in all layers
- Highly durable
- High chemical and abrasion resistance
- Can be decontaminated from radioactivity
- HBN 26 ‘Facilities for Surgical Procedures’
- Easy to maintain
- Ancillary suites
- Kitchens – live steam
- Swimming pool halls
- Swimming pool changing areas
- Changing rooms
- Plant rooms
- Storage areas
- Operating theatres
- Processing Areas – Critical
- Chilled /Cold Stores
- Food Preparation
- Food Serving Areas
- Clean rooms / labs (cat. 3)
- Prison Cells – Suicide watch
CS Wallglaze Hygienic Coatings can be supplied in any of the following colour series as standard:
- BS 4800
- RAL Classic
- NCS 2nd Series colour as standard
Colours can also be matched to provided samples.
- Boosts coating impact & abrasion resistance
- Conducts heat away from source to protect coating from localised bubbling (steam cleaning/ swimming pool halls)
- Protects coatings from pressure changes between adjacent rooms
- Extends the lifecycle of the coating even further
Light fibreglass reinforcement (FG Light)
This is a lightweight fibreglass tissue (50g/sqm) applied in a single layer. It offers improved impact resistance when combined with standard CS coatings and is particularly useful where the existing wall surface may incorporate old minor cracking or unevenness.
Standard light fibreglass tissue is suitable for use with Wallsheen, Wallflex and Armourglaze.
Heavy fibreglass reinforcement (FG Heavy)
This is a dual gauge fibreglass system, comprising of a heavy duty chop strand mat (150g/sqm) and a lightweight fibreglass tissue (50g/sqm). This option provides the ultimate in impact resistance and durability within a coating system. In many cases it also allows direct coating over heavily cracked and uneven wall surfaces, without the need for raking out, filling etc.
FG Heavy can be specified as an option with Wallflex and Armourglaze.
NOTE: Wallflex system incorporating CS Hygienic Mastic should be used in the following circumstances:
- in areas where there is positive or negative pressure <60 Pa – Mastic only, >60Pa – Mastic and fibreglass reinforcement
- In areas where temperature cycling occurs
- when fibreglass reinforcement is applied
- where dissimilar adjacent surfaces occur (boxes, light switches etc.)
- when applying system in wet areas
Applications that usually require CS Hygienic Mastic
- Healthcare – operating theatres, cat. 3 ACDP clean rooms/laboratories
- Food and pharmaceutical process areas requiring finishes with high chemical resistance
- Bathrooms/shower rooms (FG Heavy option in wheelchair access areas)
- Swimming/hydrotherapy pool halls and changing areas
- Kitchens – live steam/steam cleaning (including FG Heavy)
Applications that usually don’t require CS Hygienic Mastic
- Healthcare – clean corridors, treatment rooms, X-ray areas, cat. 1 or 2 ACDP clean rooms / laboratories
- Schools – laboratories and heavy use corridors
- Prisons and police stations – cells and communal areas
CS Wallglaze Hygienic Coatings will inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi on their surface. However, the build up of grease, dirt and nutrients on the coating’s surface will impair its effectiveness, thus creating a surface where bacteria and fungi can grow. Regular cleaning should therefore be undertaken.
The following cleaners are available from CS
- CS Wallclenze – a mild water based detergent, suitable for cleaning all CS Wallglaze systems
- CS Gel Cleaner – a heavy duty cleaner gel, suitable for removing stubborn stains from polyurethane systems (Wallflex, Armourglaze)
CS Hygienic Coatings conform to the requirements of the following:
The Biocidal Products Regulations 2001 (Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 880) and all subsequent amendments, including the Biocidal Products (Amendment) Regulations 2010 (Statutory Instrument 2010 No. 745), which came into force on the 6th April 2010 and are the statutory instruments implementing the EU Biocidal Products Directive (98/8/EC) in Great Britain.
REACH – European Union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals, which came into force on 1st June 2007.
Phase II of the Volatile Organic Compounds in Paints, Varnishes and Vehicle Refinishing Products Regulations 2005 (Statutory Instrument 2005 No. 2773), which became effective from 1st January 2010.
The Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2009 (also known as CHIP 4.).
EC Directives and Environmental Health Officers regulations relating to materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs.
COSHH – Construction Specialties (UK) Ltd. comply with the statutory requirements for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health regulations.
Construction Specialties are committed to protecting the environment. We ensure:
- R&D investment into environmentally friendly products
- Efficient production
- Minimisation of waste
- Recycle where possible
- Safe disposal facility
We have a number of Approved Applicators we can recommend to you, contact us on +44 (0)1296 652800 for one near you.